Top Myths About How Responsive Web Design Works
What’s True and What’s False?
These days, most people do a pretty big chunk of their web surfing on their mobile phones and tablets – sometimes more so than on their laptops if they are often on the move. So, this is why it is more important than ever to make sure that your website design is responsive. That means that it looks fantastic and flows smoothly – no matter what size of screen it is being viewed on.
However, many people don’t really understand how responsive design works and there are a lot of myths floating around. Here’s the truth behind these false misconceptions.
- Responsive Web Design is Expensive. – This isn’t true and it’s not as expensive as you might think. Web design companies are finding new innovations that will make it easier and less expensive to design and implement.
- Responsive Design is Compatible with All Browsers. – This isn’t completely true because although it is compatible with all modern browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Safari it doesn’t work well with old browsers such as IE7 or IE8.
- Responsive Design Doesn’t Work for Retail. – Well, this simply isn’t true. It might be a little trickier to create a mobile checkout, but it’s entirely possible and many websites have done it.
- Responsive Design Has Nothing to Do With SEO. – SEO is now strongly connected to responsive design, due to a new Google algorithm update that was released earlier this year. If a website is not optimized for mobile use it will be penalized in the rankings.
- Responsive Web Design Hides Content. – Not if you know what you are doing. A good web designer can make content easily accessible in a responsive design.
These are just a few examples of myths about responsive website design that are simply not true. Have you heard any others? Let us know in the comments below.